Sadly, this is the last week of discussion for the Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-along. Kiss Me, I'm Irish is a read-along of HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and hosted by awesome bloggers Felicia of Geeky Blogger's Book Blog, Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet with a Bibliophile and Missie the Unread Reader. Today we are discussing the last chapters and the epilogue. Head over to Missie's blog to participate in today's questions!
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
I can't say that I've spilled any secrets in anger, but I have mentioned past grudges to make a 'point' which almost always back fires or just refuels the fires more.
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, "the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility." Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
I would embrace it. Mind you, I will be honest and say that I'll be scared about it. I'd like they are nice and not like those zillions of sci-fi movies where they try to take over the planet. I always wondered why we, humans, think we're so superior and that it's always us against them.
3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
I love that his power is nature-bound and that he can refuel by absorbing those powers. I've finally got a hero who's got superhero powers without any scientific experiments gone wrong!
4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That's when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
Besides family and my loved ones, I'm trying to defeat illiteracy and censorship daily. Sometimes it's a struggle, but it's incredibly important to me.
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
I know this may sound bad, but I appreciated the fact that Atticus went down quickly. It goes to show that he is vulnerable and despite his awesome powers, he does have to struggle to fight. I'm so glad that Aenghus Óg was defeated, talk about a huge jerk.
6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
Favorite part of Hounded: All the dialogue! I totally didn't expect Hounded to be so funny. I was going into thinking since it's got a male lead character, it's going to be serious and all about the action.
Least favorite: The secret behind Granuaile was revealed too quickly. I would have liked to have a lead up to that part.
Favorite characters: Mrs. MacDonagh (that lady made me laugh so hard, I could barely read the page!), Oberon (best sidekick ever), Leif and Hal (love the bromance with Atticus), Laksha (I'm excited to see what plans she has up her sleeves).
Least favorite characters: Morrigan- this woman scares the crap out of me and I have no idea where her 'relationship' with Atticus will go.
7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
Well, I've only read the first two books, but I'm curious to see how and if Atticus will go after Thor. I would love to know more about Leif and Hal too.